CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

24 January 2011

Surgery Day


100_2456
Originally uploaded by Jennifer Maxwell

It's taken me nearly a week to write this post, and I'm still not sure how it's going to turn out. Due to the weather and the fact that I was not the one driving, my friend Melissa and I went up to Ypsilanti the night before. She was kind enough to pay for a lovely hotel room and I was able to get a good night's sleep.

Tuesday morning came, surgery day! We were both up with plenty of time to spare, I showered we took "before" pics and measurements and we were off to the hospital. I checked in got some additional blood work taken and walked up to Pre-Op. I was up there for a couple hours, Mel was able to come up and sit with me for awhile. Everyone was great, lots of double checking on information which is great. I spoke to the Anesthesiologist and he promised to be gentle with me persnickety baby tooth on the bottom. Eventually Dr. S came in and checked my chart, took my hand and said a prayer.

Truly, it was the most peace I've felt with any major decision I have made. Regardless of the outcome I felt safe with him and safe in the arms of Jesus. I had no worries, no butterflies, just true peace. It was beautiful.

I was out of surgery around 11AM (about 35 minutes or so) and groggily waking up I believe around 11:20 or so. I'm not entirely sure as my eyes were super blurry and I had no glasses at first.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly and we left the hospital around 4:30 ish, I think?. I was pretty tired and mostly just uncomfortable not as much pain, per se. But I had the liquid Vicodin just in case. I slept for a very long time once I got home.

More to come later on how the week has gone, but suffice it to say tomorrow is pureed food start day and I cannot wait!

No comments: